• Outside of class, the books on Reserve are located on a cart behind the Welcome desk. Please ask the person at the desk to browse the materials.
• You can take 2 books at a time for 2 hours. They MUST be checked out.
• You must have your ID to check out Reserves.
• If you keep a Reserve item out for longer than 2 hours, or fail to check it out, you may face disciplinary action.
• Fines are $1.00 per hour for every hour a Reserve item is late.
• Reserve items must remain in the library at all times.
• All books from the stacks can be checked out for 3 weeks and may leave the library.
Besides the main content of a book, the parts of a book itself can provide information useful for research. The main parts of a book include:
Table of Contents: An outline or breakdown of the different chapters of a book.
Bibliography: The list of works used in the research of the book; useful for finding more informaiton on a topic.
Index: The list of key words, often including people and place names, used in the book and the page numbers for where those words appear; typically the last section of a book. Useful for knowing whether a specific person or term is referenced within the book.
Other possible sections include:
Appendix: The part or parts of a book that provide additional information to the main text; usually found near the back of the book.
Glossary: The section that defines key terms used in the book; usually found near the back of the book.