• Outside of class, the books on Reserve live on a cart that is located behind the Welcome desk. Please ask the person at the desk to browse the materials.
• You can take 2 books at a time for 2 hours. They MUST be checked out.
• You must have your ID to check out Reserves.
• If you keep a Reserve item out for longer than 2 hours, or fail to check it out, you may face disciplinary action.
• Fines are $1.00 per hour for every hour a Reserve item is late.
• Reserve items must remain in the library at all times.
Reference books don't provide all the answers. Eventually you are going to need to move on to other sources to get more details.That's where the books on Reserve come in. The OWHL librarians and your teachers have already pre-selected a large selection of books that we feel are going to be the most useful to you. We know that a lot of you are going to want the same books, which is why you can only use them for 2 hours at a time.
If you want to find books that you can take back to your dorm, use the OWH Library catalog to find materials in the stacks. Anything that you get from the stacks can be checked out for 3 weeks.