Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Think about how you would like to present your information in the PowerPoint. Does chronological order make the most sense? Does it make more sense to order information in a different way?
- Begin to put together your presentation. Refer to the rubric to make sure you are including everything.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Be prepared to present to the whole class on Tuesday, January 25th and Thursday, January 27th. Presentations should be between 5-7 minutes in length.
- Upload your PowerPoint, bibliography, and any supporting documents to this assignment.
Ruth St. Denis - the trunk of the Modern Dance family tree
Dance Pioneers to discover.
Bill Bojangles Robinson
Agnes de Mille
Shiamak Davar (less info at OWHL)
Jawole Willa Jo Zollar
Gus Giordano (less info at OWHL)
Frank Hatchett (less info at OWHL)
Frankie Manning and Norma Miller
Tatsumi Hijikata and Butoh