Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for Success
- Know alternative names/spellings for your topic
- Your main focus is to ask a specific research question and answer it using evidence..
- Start Early. Proper research takes time. The better your research, the easier you will find writing the paper.
- Keep Track of your work. Make sure to have all data to proper cite your research.
- Take Time to Review. Edit and reflect on the work you have completed, BEFORE you hand it in.
How do you combat climate change?
Realistic Ways You Can Combat Climate Change
Created by the Milken Institute of Public Health at George Washington University, this interactive resource provides ways to reduce the rate of climate change by your daily actions.
Welcome to OWHLGuides
OWHLGuides are the Library's Research Guides.
They provide you with a quick and easy way to find which library services and resources will be appropriate for this class.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or any of the professional librarians.
What is Original Research in the Sciences?
Original Research are the primary sources of the Sciences
- Research Methods should be detailed
- The report is written by the actual scientists that did the study
- The results of the experiment are completely documented (not just a summary)
Identifying Primary Research
From San Diego State University, this .pdf offers some good hints for identifying Original research articles in the Sciences