Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases vs. Websites
- Paid for by the library. Often very expensive!
- Cannot be searched in Google.
- Includes sources written by professors, scholars, and journalists, etc.
- Authority of information is verified by experts.
- Access is free. No one is paying for the content.
- Anyone can publish a website. The information included is often NOT verified by anyone.
- Can be searched in a variety of search engines, including Google.
- Must examine with a critical eye!
What is a Pin Number?
A pin number is a unique number for your library account at the OWHL. You MUST have a Pin number to get books through NOBLE, or manage your account. To get a pin, simply bring your ID to the Welcome desk.
Selected Internet Sources