Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for Scientific Success
- Know alternative names/spellings for your topic
- Your main focus is to ask a specific research question and answer it using evidence.
- Start Early. Proper research takes time. The better your research, the easier you will find writing the paper.
- Keep Track of your work. Make sure to have all data to proper cite your research.
- Take Time to Review. Edit and reflect on the work you have completed, BEFORE you hand it in.
Welcome to OWHLGuides
OWHLGuides are the Library's maps to the resources available through the Oliver Wendell Holmes Library. The guide will list reference sources, books, journals, and websites that are useful for your studies this summer. There are also tabs for building appropriate citations and bibliographies so that you abide by all of the academic integrity rules and don't plagiarize.
OWHLGuides provide you with a quick and easy way to find which library services and resources will be appropriate for this class.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or any of the professional librarians.
Research Projects TAKE TIME
Research is a process with a lot of steps. There are no shortcuts if you want to do your best work. Our "Planning Assignments" tool will help you stay on track to get your research done on time. Click on the Planning Assignments to use the tool.
This tool will help you to stay on track.